If you are comparing heating systems, you may be aware of some confusing claims made by Oilheat's competitors. The Hudson Valley Oil & Energy Council offers the following information to set the record straight and to assist you in obtaining the facts.
- Home heating oil burns so cleanly, it is not subject to any clean air requirements.
- Residential oil burner particulate emissions are now approaching near-zero levels. The introduction of ultra-low sulfur fuel in July 2012 is just one more step toward environmental sustainability.
- A yearly price comparison between gas and Oilheat in the northeast shows that Oilheat is the more economical fuel for 16 of the past 20 years*.
- Upgrading to a new, more efficient oil system can save you 30% in heating and hot water costs.
- When you compare Oilheat to the competing fuels on a point-by-point basis, Oilheat emerges as the clear best choice.
- Oil bills are always easy to understand. Fuel usage is measured in familiar gallons.
- With Oilheat, you always have a choice of many suppliers.
- With Oilheat, you will enjoy personalized service from a fuel provider that knows you and your heating system.
- Fuel oil is not explosive and inhalation of fuel oil fumes cannot be fatal. Nothing beats the safety of Oilheat.
* Source: Energy Communications Council
Any questions or comments are most welcome. Please use our Contact Us area.